1D Authors write procedures

Hi everybody,

In 1D we have been working hard in reading and writing sessions to learn about procedures. Procedures are texts that teach the reader how to do something.

We read lots and lots of procedures, and we learned procedures have a title, goal, ingredients, equipment and steps. We also learned each step starts with a bossy verb and sometimes adverbs too. For example, a step could be: Cut the cucumber, and ‘cut’ is a bossy verb. It could even be Carefully cut the cucumber, and ‘carefully’ is an adverb.

Last week, we had a go writing procedures about how to make a lunch that we chose. It took the whole week! Little by little, our procedures came together, on Friday we published, and here they are! Each one is different from the others, because each student chose their own lunch to write about. I hope you enjoy reading them and why don’t you try following a procedure for your next lunch?

Aren’t these procedures fantastic?

Thanks for reading our blog! Please leave a comment below and Mrs Phillips will approve it so everyone can see it.

1D and Mrs Phillips

13 thoughts on “1D Authors write procedures”

1. Hey guys!
    Your procedures look great I might try one of them. Here is some feedback I can give you; maybe add some pictures of what you are cooking. On the other hand amazing job.

2. Hey guys!
    Your procedures look great I might try one of them. Here is some feedback I can give you; maybe add some pictures of what you are cooking. Most of you are also putting lots of stickers, I love that but try and put less ok. On the other hand amazing job.

3. Hi 1D,
    It looks like you having so much fun! From seeing the posters and photos I will Definitely definitely try some of them.
    By Emerson 6B

4. Hi 1D

Wow! All these procedures look amazing! They were all really good and they made me really want a sandwich 🙂

Keep up the good work!

Jessica from 6B